Amanda-Users

Re: multiple lbl-templ lines?

2007-10-22 14:00:15
Subject: Re: multiple lbl-templ lines?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:53:59 -0400
On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 12:13:57PM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to use multiple lbl-templ lines simultaneously?
>
> I'd really like to print out the DLT labels to send offsite with my
> tapes inside the cases, but it would be really nice to also use the
> 8x11 template to print out page to keep onsite for quick reference.
>
> We have some people who are allowed to recall tapes from our offsite
> facility, but who don't actually manage/manipulate amanda.  It would
> be nice to have them be able to reference a binder containing the
> latest reports and be able to tell them to recall all tapes necessary
> for a restore.
>
> I can also see this being useful in a scenario where you need to
> rebuild your amanda server, which used to back itself up :)

Totally untested, but worth a try.

amreport allows the -o option to override standard config settings.

Perhaps you could, after your amdump, run amreport with a changed
lbl-templ setting or altered tapetype definition including a
changed lbl-templ setting.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)