Amanda-Users

Re: multiple lbl-templ lines?

2007-10-22 13:48:59
Subject: Re: multiple lbl-templ lines?
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Paul Lussier <pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:41:26 -0400
You can only define one lbl-templ, but you can easily print another one:

amreport <config> -o "TAPETYPE:XYZ:lbl-templ=/path/to/label-8.5x11.ps" -l /path/to/logdir/log.xxxxxxxxx
Replace XYZ by the tapetype you use.

Jean-Louis

Paul Lussier wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a way to use multiple lbl-templ lines simultaneously?

I'd really like to print out the DLT labels to send offsite with my
tapes inside the cases, but it would be really nice to also use the
8x11 template to print out page to keep onsite for quick reference.

We have some people who are allowed to recall tapes from our offsite
facility, but who don't actually manage/manipulate amanda.  It would
be nice to have them be able to reference a binder containing the
latest reports and be able to tell them to recall all tapes necessary
for a restore.

I can also see this being useful in a scenario where you need to
rebuild your amanda server, which used to back itself up :)