Amanda-Users

Re: driver failed

2007-10-17 16:34:45
Subject: Re: driver failed
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Paul Lussier <pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:27:03 -0400
Paul Lussier wrote:
Hi all,

I'm seeing an error I've never seen before, and google didn't turn up
anything useful.  amstatus is reporting this for several file systems
on different machines:

  ra:/var 0 driver: (aborted:"[request failed: error sending REQ: send
  REQ to resource-assembly.permabit.com failed: Transport endpoint is
  already connected]")(too many dumper retry)

Could this be a result of too many dumpers running?  I've got maxdumps
at 25 and inparallel set to 32.  The udp port range is only 840-860,
which means I have at least 5 too few ports to bind to, right?  Could
the cause for these errors be that I'm simply trying to do too many
dumps with too few ports?

If so, then either increasing the number of ports or decreasing the
number of simultaneous dumps ought to solve the problem, right?
yes, increase reserved-udp-port or reserved-tcp-port in amanda.conf
or decrease maxdump.