Amanda-Users

amrestore

2007-10-17 15:12:53
Subject: amrestore
From: "Krahn, Anderson" <AKrahn AT gs1us DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:07:28 -0500

After running a amdump , I was trying to get amrecover to work on one of the clients.

On the server prdapp16.

I modified the .amandahosts file

cat /home/amanda/.amandahosts

prdapp16.transora.com root amindexd amidxtaped

qaapp01-bkup.1sync.org root amindexd amidxtaped

On  the client I ran amrecover inside the /var directory.

[/var]#/opt/amanda/server/sbin/amrecover Full

AMRECOVER Version 2.5.2p1. Contacting server on egvmgmt5001 ...

[request failed: timeout waiting for ACK]

Strange this is that it is attempting to contact another client and not the master backup server.

Is there a variable that needs to be set on the client side to change the server that amrecover will connect to?

Thanks