Amanda-Users

Re: amanda client failing with too many dumper retry ... but amcheck says its fine...?

2007-10-12 12:17:51
Subject: Re: amanda client failing with too many dumper retry ... but amcheck says its fine...?
From: Rob Dyke <rob AT comwifinet DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:09:19 +0100 (BST)
Thanks Jean-Louis.

We have created a VPN for our backup LAN, linking a number of machines over the
internet. Using Bastille firewall we define tun0 as an internal interface on
the client machine and then permit UDP_SERVICE_INTERNAL=10080.

This is confirmed by (root@server30506:~)# nmap -sU -P0 10.8.0.18 -p 10080

Starting Nmap 4.03 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2007-10-12 17:06 BST
Interesting ports on 10.8.0.18:
PORT      STATE         SERVICE
10080/udp open|filtered amanda

I get the same result when I nmap other working configurations.

Iptables has module ip_conntrack_amanda loaded.

/me pokes a bit further.

Rob