Amanda-Users

Re: RE amanda in domU

2007-10-10 13:14:36
Subject: Re: RE amanda in domU
From: James Wilson <jwilson AT transolutions DOT net>
To: Cyrille Bollu <Cyrille.Bollu AT fedasil DOT be>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:08:43 -0500
Thanks for the reply. I will look into this.

Cyrille Bollu wrote:

At home, I'm trying to move my USB printer in a domU xen domain.

According to my reading, it's possible but I have to use a kernel command line argument like "pciback.hide=(00:11.0)" in dom0 and add something like "pci = ['00,11,00']" to my guest configuration. (Didn't succeed yet though).

Maybe, you should do the same for a tape drive?

I have find http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Assign_hardware_to_DomU_with_PCIBack_as_module that might well help you.

That was my 5cents help,

Cyrille

*James Wilson <jwilson AT transolutions DOT net>*
Envoyé par : owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

10/10/2007 18:02
Veuillez répondre à
jwilson AT transolutions DOT net

        amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
cc

Objet
        amanda in domU

I was wondering if amanda could run in a xen instance. And if so does
the dom0 automatically pass the tape scsi adapter to the xen instance?
Also if I move amanda to this xen instance will it be able to open my
old tapes? Any help is appreciated.