Amanda-Users

Re: problem with maxpromoteday set to 0

2007-10-09 09:51:25
Subject: Re: problem with maxpromoteday set to 0
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Thomas Ginestet <thomas.ginestet AT gpsa DOT fr>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:44:41 -0400
For the failed DLE, post the output of:

Tell me the day you forced the full.
For every day, tell me what level you expected.
For the first day, it didn't do the expected level, post the complete amdump log file.

Thomas Ginestet wrote:
Yes, it did for all the DLE.

Thomas Ginestet

Jean-Louis Martineau a écrit :
When you forced the full, did it succeeded?

Thomas Ginestet wrote:
Sorry, i forgot one thing: i've already forced on Friday all DLE to do a full, but it was the same problem the week after.

Thomas Ginestet

Jean-Louis Martineau a écrit :
They are not due for a full dump, why do you think they should do one?
With your config, they will do a full at every 7 days.
These DLE are done Monday, the will continue to be done Monday, that's your config.

You must force them to the next full on Friday with (amadmin <config> force serv1).

Every time a DLE will not get it's full on Friday you will get the same problem. It's better to force all DLE to do a full.
The Friday, before amdump, you should run: amadmin <config> force \*

Jean-Louis

Thomas Ginestet wrote:
Hi list,

I've set 0 to the maxpromoteday parameter but i've got 2 (sometimes 3) of my 53 DLE which promote the full dump one day after all the others. I have a dumpcycle of 7 days and a runspercycle of 5 (the full dump is normally made on friday but for theses 2 DLE, it's made on monday).
No problem of space with the size of the tape.

I can find this in the amdump log:

pondering serv1:/work/org1... next_level0 3 last_level 2 (not due for a full dump, picking
an incr level)
  pick: size 3759920 level 2 days 2 (thresh 40960K, 1 days)
  pick: next size 2308650... BUMPED
curr level 3 nsize 2308650 csize 1245984 total size 24078802 total_lev0 21969752 balanced-lev0size 15457024

Where the others DLE  are due for level 0:

pondering serv1:/work/org2... next_level0 0 last_level 2 (due for level 0) (picking inclevel for degraded mode) pick: size 79670 level 2 days 3 (thresh 40960K, 1 days)
pick: next size 29480... BUMPED

Any hint would be appreciated

Thomas Ginestet