Amanda-Users

RE AS400 & Amanda?

2007-10-03 08:03:09
Subject: RE AS400 & Amanda?
From: Cyrille Bollu <Cyrille.Bollu AT fedasil DOT be>
To: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:04:53 +0200

Nope

We have around 30 linux servers, 1 Windows server, and 1 AS400. And the AS400 is the sole server being backuped outside Amanda.

We don't have any Linux partition on our AS400.

Cyrille

Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
Envoyé par : owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

03/10/2007 13:35

AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
cc
Objet
AS400 & Amanda?

OK, this is just an offbeat question.

Has anyone used Amanda with an AS400?

Nope. I don't have one. Just asking to see if I can get a reference
point for someone else. I think that you could run it within a Linux or
AIX partition on an AS400, but I don't know what weird side effects
there might be or what other issues would have to be dealt with. Anyway,
the AS400 would be a wild card in a broader mix of platforms. Possible
it would just have to be dealt with separately.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator
(*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center