Amanda-Users

amanda not dumping in parallel?

2007-10-02 18:55:00
Subject: amanda not dumping in parallel?
From: Paul Lussier <pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:57:23 -0400
Hi all,

I recently changed my disklist such that all DLEs which pertain to my
NFS appliance have a -1 spindle entry.  My understanding of the man
page was that a -1 spindle setting for a set of DLEs on the same host
means they would be backed up in parallel.

I've checked with amadmin that the configuration change for these DLEs
reflect a -1 spindle, and I have 'inparallel' set to 16.  Yet when I
look at the process table for the host in question, amstatus tells me
that all the DLEs are 'getting estimate', yet there's only single tar
process running for the estimate phase.

Did I do something wrong, or are estimates run sequentially and only
once the estimates are in are the actual dumps performed in parallel?

Thanks.

--
Thanks,
Paul