Amanda-Users

Re: running amdump manually at the moment with extra debugging enabled

2007-09-28 17:28:26
Subject: Re: running amdump manually at the moment with extra debugging enabled
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 07:27:02 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Chris Hoogendyk wrote:

Also, on Solaris, I found /etc/inet/ipnodes as having a reference to '::1', and commented it out.

Yes I did that before last night's amdump run on the three systems configured in the 'disklist' file (which includes the tape host).

However, in my case when those addresses turned up, it was because the IPv4 addresses had failed and it was doing some sort of fallback check on IPv6. I've had trouble totally getting rid of the references to IPv6. But usually the reason it shows up is because of some other failure. So the error messages I see with it are misdirections or obfuscations.

So, Craig, DO you have IPv6 set up? Or is this a misleading error subsequent to some other failure?

It could well lead to something else as the run failed again last night, but the errors are completely different. I'll look at it later and make the logfiles available.

No I don't have IPv6 set up. I've never used it for anything and even though I probably did enable ipv6 at install time when upgrading the system from Solaris 8 about 3 or 4 years ago, I've never configured anything to support it. This probably means though that it's still there (!), and could be one or the main reason so many problems have been showing up. 8-)

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";