Amanda-Users

running amdump manually at the moment with extra debugging enabled

2007-09-27 23:29:58
Subject: running amdump manually at the moment with extra debugging enabled
From: "Craig Dewick" <craig.dewick AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:29:03 +1000
I've subscribed to the list from my alternate email address now. 8-)

I have amdump running manually at the moment with the extra debugging enabled. Looking through the debug output that's being recorded in the 'amdump' logfile in /var/adm/amanda/ORBnet on the tape host machine (which is also a client), I'm finding some of these:

driver: result time 1073.796 from chunker1: TRY-AGAIN 01-00006 "[chunker startup failed: error accepting stream: No such file or directory]"
rename_tmp_holding: open of /amanda/dump/20070928130457/jedi._dev_dsk_c0t0d0s6.0.tmp failed: No such file or directory

and I'm thinking about a possible permission error for /amanda/dump. Output from 'ls -sal' shows:

   2 drwxr-sr-x   9 amanda   sys          512 Sep 28 13:04 dump

for the /amanda/dump directory and I'm wondering if that's correct? Could be completely off track though the thought just crossed my mind so I figured it's worth mentioning.

Once the amdump run has completed I'll either post the full amdump log as an attachment or put it somewhere that it can be downloaded from the web (let me know which would be better).

Craig.

--

Craig Dewick (craig AT lios.apana.org DOT au). http://lios.apana.org.au/~craig
RailZone Australia: http://www.railzone.org (craigd AT railzone DOT org)