Amanda-Users

Re: best method to debug problems with amdump runs?

2007-09-27 17:31:34
Subject: Re: best method to debug problems with amdump runs?
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 07:33:31 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

Craig, Can you fix the reply-to field of your email message.

Oops my boo-boo with PINE. Fixed up now. 8-) Sorry about that.

You can set 'debug_auth 1' in amand.conf, debug files will show more details.
The problem is not with the planner, but with the dumper-chunker socket.

Thanks I'll try out the debug config option, and yes I agree with you that the problem is with the communication between those two sub-utilities of Amanda.

Post dumper and chunker debug files.

Ok once I get some I'll post them. Might do a manual 'amdump' run with the debug option enabled.

What's the resolution for localhost?
What's the resolution for 127.0.0.1?
Do you have a route for 127.0.0.1 and localhost?

I'm not sure what you're asking with these. 8-)

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";