Amanda-Users

best method to debug problems with amdump runs?

2007-09-27 02:19:59
Subject: best method to debug problems with amdump runs?
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:17:52 +1000 (EST)

I'm wondering if there are any additional debugging features that could be used to delve more into why the nightly amdump runs cannot do their thing and instead report network errors. amcheck has just run from cron a short while ago and reported no errors. Could there be something in the amanda-2.5.2p1 code that is hitting against some sort of Solaris specific quirk? My Sun boxes are all running Solaris 9.

Some hints would be helpful at this stage in the process. Everything else appears to work fine. I might try dropping back to an earlier 2.5.x version or even a late 2.4.x version to see if it makes any difference, should any of you feel that's a worthwhile approach to narrowing down what the actual problem is.

Regards,

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.