Amanda-Users

Re: [Fwd: Re: strange planner problems]

2007-09-25 08:03:19
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: strange planner problems]
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:03:59 +1000 (EST)

Ok in order to see what's going on I looked at my Cisco router's config and I have noticed the order of the 'ip route' statements might indeed lead to packets getting sent to the ADSL router first due to the placement of the ip route statement identifying the default route (which is probably redundant as there's already a default-router statement as well, but that's Cisco stuff not directly Amanda-related).

To test this theory I've changed the ip route statements around so that the one for the default route is last instead of first. It's never been a problem before so I'm surprised I hadn't thought to re-order the routing statements in the Cisco's config file before now. 8-)

Anyway I'll see if tonight's amdump run works and that will confirm that the problem was with how the Cisco was forwarding the port 10080 packets.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";