Amanda-Users

Re: strange planner problems

2007-09-24 21:33:38
Subject: Re: strange planner problems
From: Charlie Reitsma <reitsma AT denison DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 21:12:48 -0400
Looks like the default route or gateway is gone. Are you saying you can actually ssh from this box to another?

Quoting Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>:

Hi to help those of you who know about the internals of Amanda's components, I've attached last night's amanda report which shows all the network unreachable messages.

You'll note that they occur even for the actual tape host machine along with two other machines which are all here in the same room with no firewall of any sort.

My theory at the moment is that the packets are for some reason ending up at my ADSL router which doesn't know what to do since the port numbers would get automatically blocked by it's default firewall settings. This could mean that I have the basic network config for my main Cisco router set up incorrectly but this problem which Amanda is displaying has never occured with any other software or port that I know of before. I'm not sure if it's a router config issue or an Amanda issue at the moment.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";