Amanda-Users

Re: amanda and dumpdates - aka amandates - file

2007-09-23 07:58:48
Subject: Re: amanda and dumpdates - aka amandates - file
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:58:10 +0200 (CEST)
Craig Dewick schrieb:
> Now I've run amdump manually again, there are a whole series of network
> is unreachable messages:
>
> yoda /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 lev 0 FAILED [port open: Network is unreachable]
> jedi /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 lev 0 FAILED [port open: Network is unreachable]

amcheck says the same?

> All the hosts are in the same ethernet segment in the same IP subnet.
> Might need to see where the packets are going as it could indicate a
> network config problem (though all other normal TCP/IP communication works
> fine).

- Can you ping "yoda" and "jedi" from the server?
- And can you ping your amanda server from these hosts?
- Is there a firewall between the hosts or on the clients/server?

-Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost