Amanda-Users

Re: amanda and dumpdates - aka amandates - file

2007-09-23 01:20:56
Subject: Re: amanda and dumpdates - aka amandates - file
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:14:26 +1000 (EST)
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007, Bruce Thompson wrote:

/etc/amandates is the amanda equivalent of /etc/dumpdates, but I wouldn't recommend symlinking them. While it might work out, I wouldn't assume that it will: dumpdates is dump's file, amandates is amanda's file.

What I do is:

% cat /dev/null > /etc/amandates
% chown amanda /etc/amandates

Ok that makes sense.

Now I've run amdump manually again, there are a whole series of network is unreachable messages:

yoda /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 lev 0 FAILED [port open: Network is unreachable]
jedi /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 lev 0 FAILED [port open: Network is unreachable]

etc.

All the hosts are in the same ethernet segment in the same IP subnet. Might need to see where the packets are going as it could indicate a network config problem (though all other normal TCP/IP communication works fine).

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";