Amanda-Users

Re: mtx 1.3.11 can talk to my L9 just fine.

2007-09-21 05:16:02
Subject: Re: mtx 1.3.11 can talk to my L9 just fine.
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:17:08 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Jon LaBadie wrote:

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 09:16:14AM +1000, Craig Dewick wrote:

Ok I've just done this with the mtx 1.3.11 utility:

# /usr/local/sbin/mtx -f /dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0 inquiry
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'HP '
Product ID: 'C7145-8000 '
Revision: '206S'
Attached Changer API: No

So that proves mtx 1.3.11 on it's own can communicate with the robotics
controller in the L9. This points to a problem between chg-zd-mtx and mtx
itself.

Inquiry is such a simple and minor operation that I would not consider
this a sufficient test for checking if mtx is working.  Do some movings
of tapes around, loading and unloading the tape drive, checking the
status of the slots.

It loads and unloads tapes ok using mtx directly and seems to respond to the 'inventory' and other commands properly.

I'll change to the 'amanda' user now and do the same thing (after checking the device permissions are set).... Yes it seems to be working ok as the 'amanda' user also.

Now I'll try some 'amtape' commands to see what happens.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";