Amanda-Users

mtx 1.3.11 can talk to my L9 just fine.

2007-09-20 19:14:13
Subject: mtx 1.3.11 can talk to my L9 just fine.
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:16:14 +1000 (EST)

Ok I've just done this with the mtx 1.3.11 utility:

# /usr/local/sbin/mtx -f /dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0 inquiry
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'HP '
Product ID: 'C7145-8000 '
Revision: '206S' Attached Changer API: No

So that proves mtx 1.3.11 on it's own can communicate with the robotics controller in the L9. This points to a problem between chg-zd-mtx and mtx itself.

I will also look at the devices for the tape drive itself as there is a /dev/scsi/sequential link but the 'st' driver did bind to the tape drive as 'st8' when SunOS 5.9 booted last time. Can /dev/rst8 or /dev/nrst8 be used to reference the tape drive or does it need to be one of the /dev/rmt/xxx links (to give some specific functionality to Amanda)?

Out of interest, could the /dev/scsi/sequential device handle be used as the device for the tape drive? Amanda's components might require things that the sgen driver doesn't provide when it comes to direct communication with a tape drive.

Craig.