Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore and tape changers: has it changed since 2.4.4p3?

2007-09-13 11:09:06
Subject: Re: amrestore and tape changers: has it changed since 2.4.4p3?
From: Francis Galiegue <fg AT one2team DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:07:18 +0200
Le jeudi 13 septembre 2007, vous avez écrit :
[...]
> That's still the case with amrestore, which is considered the
> "bare-metal" recovery tool of the three currently available.  In the
> copy of 2.4.4p1 I have available, amfetchdump does not exist, but that
> tool is able to use a changer to fetch whole dumpfiles in the same
> fashion as amrestore.  Similarly, in recent versions amrecover is
> capable of driving a changer, but IIRC did not have that capacity in
> 2.4.4.

I guess I'll have to upgrade to 2.5.x then.

One question though: is it really the role of amrecover to drive the tape
changer? Isn't that done on the server side? What if I decide to upgrade the
server to the latest 2.5.x but leave clients with 2.4.x?

Thanks for the quick answer!
--
Francis Galiegue, One2team - fg AT one2team DOT com
[ATTENTION : CHANGEMENT DE COORDONNÉES !]