Amanda-Users

amrestore and tape changers: has it changed since 2.4.4p3?

2007-09-13 08:57:06
Subject: amrestore and tape changers: has it changed since 2.4.4p3?
From: Francis Galiegue <fg AT one2team DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:54:33 +0200
Hello,

Just a question: in the amrestore page from amanda 2.4.4p3 (well, packaged by
Red Hat for RHEL 4.x), it says that amrestore does NOT use a tape changer.

Too bad, because in one of our configurations, we use a tape changer with 6
tapes, four of which are dedicated to a configuration with a tape cycle of 3.

That means that the person restoring a DLE from such a configuration, should
the changer not have the correct tape loaded, needs to have access to the
backup server, and write access to the tape changer!

Is this fixed for 2.5.x? Or is this simply a problem between my keyboard and
chair?

Thanks,
--
Francis Galiegue, One2team - fg AT one2team DOT com
[ATTENTION : CHANGEMENT DE COORDONNÉES !]