Amanda-Users

Re: Backup over two tapes?

2007-07-29 18:01:16
Subject: Re: Backup over two tapes?
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: "Gerhard Brauer" <gerhard.brauer AT web DOT de>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:43:35 +0200 (CEST)
Gerhard Brauer schrieb:
> I mean I've read somewhere that i should use changer mechanism on my
> Streamer to get the spanning functionality. But this was surely a
> misunderstanding of mine...

You have to use a change configuration for that. Maybe chg-multi is what
you need:
http://www.amanda.org/docs/tapechangers.html#id330946

> Marc (Thank you for for suggestions) pointed me to some other config
> options.
> So it set:
> dumpcycle 0
> runspercycle 0
> tapecycle 2 tapes
> runtapes 2
>
> Is this ok (i run a test this moment) or totally stupid?

Looks ok. But i'm unsure about runspercycle. Normally this is same as
dumpcycle if 0. But not sure, how amanda react, if dumpcycle is also 0.
Never tried that.

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost