Amanda-Users

Re: services entry for amindexd

2007-07-27 11:23:35
Subject: Re: services entry for amindexd
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:16:18 -0400

-------- Original Message from Stan --------
Subject:        services entry for amindexd
Date:   Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:38:22 -0400
From:   stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To:     amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>

What does the /etc/services entry for amindexd ,look like?

--
I'm sorry, no one here has any intentions of helping you with anything. I am the manager of all of Customer Service."

-------- End of Original Message from Stan --------

Interesting juxtaposition -- your question and your sig line, that is. So, you're asking for help. hmmm.

Well, OK. Just because we're a nice community, and it is easy to help.

If you take a look at <http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Quick_start>, you will find an explicit entry about halfway down telling what to put in /etc/services on the server and on the client. You may also find some other useful stuff on this page. It is the quickest way to get amanda up and running. Then you can dig into details and complexities from there.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator
(*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center