Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Backup fails possible card errors

2007-06-15 02:35:15
Subject: Re: Amanda Backup fails possible card errors
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: ram AT tilda.com DOT au
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:31:59 +0700 (ICT)
> Whenever i run an amanda backup around 30mins into the run I get the
> following errors in the logs. I've included a few extra unrelated
> lines at the beginning to give some context.
>
> From what i can see something bad happened, an attempt was made to
> reset and the SCSI card went offline.
>
> So i'm finally left with the proverbial question: is it hardware or software?

Hi,

Are the tape new?

Did you try different tape?

Did you try to write to the tape "by hand": tar cf /dev/st0 ...

I see that your SCSI card is Ultra 160 but your tape drive is only
fast wide, do you have any disk pluged in that SCSI interface? It
should work, but who knows, if you can (have 2 SCSI interface)
separate fast disks, from slow tape.

Best regards,

Olivier