Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda crashes if /tmp/amanda is full

2007-06-13 09:59:05
Subject: Re: Amanda crashes if /tmp/amanda is full
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:56:21 -0400
On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 03:15:26PM +0200, Harald Schioeberg wrote:

> I don't know whats the right place for bug-reports, sorry if its off-topic.
>
> amanda (2.5.2) crashes without further notice if /tmp/amanda has no
> space left.
> amstatus shows "in progress" stats ( some disks dumped, some dumping
> ....) after that.
>
> in my opinion, amanda should catch that write-error, and terminate in a
> controlled fashion (write mail, clean up ...)

Does amanda use /tmp for anything other than writing the debug files?

I ask because it seems to me that the backups themselves may be more
important than the debug files it can not write.

Rather than controlled clean-up and terminate, perhaps a flag in
the debug message writing routines (are they self-contained as a
library function) could be used to stop write attempts and let the
backups proceed without debug files.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)