Amanda-Users

amanda-2.5.2

2007-05-24 09:32:48
Subject: amanda-2.5.2
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:24:36 -0400
Hello,

It's time for everyone to test the latest 2.5.2 snapshot before we release 2.5.2p1.

Some bugs were found in amanda-2.5.2, most of them because of the new IPv6 code and incompatibility with some platform:
  • Many IPv6 bugs
    • missing sockaddr_storage
    • missing AI_V4MAPPED and AI_ALL
    • compare of IPv4 and IPv6 v4mapped address.
    • (bsd/bsdudp): server use two sockets, one for IPv4 and one for IPv6
  • amflush/autoflush
  • chown/chmod
  • amstatus
  • compilation on some platform
  • others small bugs

All of these bugs are fixed in the latest snapshot. We plan to release amanda-2.5.2p1 next week.
I'm asking the help of all users to test it before we release 2.5.2p1, don't wait the release to test it.
Latest snapshot can be found at http://www.zmanda.com/community-builds.php

Jean-Louis