Amanda-Users

Slow client

2007-05-10 20:23:51
Subject: Slow client
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 13:28:05 +0700 (ICT)
Hi,

I noticed yesterday that one of my clients suddenly became very slow:

by wall clock, seeing the file grows on the holding disk, it takes 9
minutes for 5 MB of GNUTAR level 2. previous run (Apr. 28th) for the
same machine, same DLE, same level was 107 KB/s for the dump according
to Amanda report.

The slowness can be seen for every DLE on that client. Other than
that, the client is working fine, load average is close to 0, it is
not swapping or anything, network seems to be working fine.

Any idea?

I will run some more diagnostics later, once the backup is finished.

Best regards,

Olivier