Amanda-Users

Re: Ooops

2007-05-10 19:13:32
Subject: Re: Ooops
From: dustin AT zmanda DOT com
To: Christopher Linn <celinn AT mtu DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:31:28 -0500
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 12:17:51PM -0400, Christopher Linn wrote:
> i am curious.  how many platforms does zmanda have and use for
> test builds and amanda testing?  OSs and hardware?

One of my current projects is to put a more thorough testing process in
place -- mostly because it's been *my* patches which have turned out to
be non-portable!

For the community version, we currently focus our testing on the
platforms listed on http://zmanda.com/downloads.html: RHEL 3-5, FC 3-6,
OpenSUSE 10, SLES 9-10, and Windows (cygwin).  That testing takes place
on releases, *not* on the snapshots.  The bug which started this thread
was in last night's snapshot.

For other platforms, we rely on users to test betas, since the Amanda
user community has a much wider array of hardware and configurations
than we could *ever* hope to test in-house.

I have a few nascent ideas of how we could improve this process, but I
would prefer to hear others' suggestions and proposals before I bias the
conversation with my thoughts.

Dustin

P.S. As for hardware -- well, virtualization is a wonderful thing ;)

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell
        Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.