Amanda-Users

Re: TLS-4440 and 2.5.X issues?

2007-05-03 15:05:03
Subject: Re: TLS-4440 and 2.5.X issues?
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 14:48:52 -0400

Donofrio, Lewis wrote:
> I'm planning on building backup server that will be able to properly backup
> something like 9 servers.  Each server will be ranging from 150gb to 500gb
> (only one or two will ever be that big) a 2tb holding disk and a 4tb vtape
> system.  I'd like to do archiving to a [1] TLS-4440; does anyone know if I'll
> be able to have Amanda read the eeprom tape label of the ati2 tapes and make
> the loader work without much effort?
>
> [1] - http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/automagically
> Lewis Donofrio AT umich DOT edu
> Cell: (734) 323-8776

I've not had any luck discovering anything about the eeprom tape labels
other than that the AIT drive itself uses them to more quickly and
efficiently access files.

However, my AIT5 library has worked beautifully, and I have had no
trouble configuring it and setting it up. The built in barcode reader
results in the file "changer-barcodes" being populated by amanda,
mapping barcodes to tape labels. If you think of the eeprom label as
some kind of automagic wigit, then you can just forget about it and go
ahead and set up your library.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator