Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover issue

2007-05-03 13:53:53
Subject: Re: amrecover issue
From: anthonyh <jyho AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 10:37:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I'm abit confused in this part because as far as i know the amanda service
is using udp packet and the amindexd/amidxtaped are using tcp. can
everything be fitted into one context that primarily stating that its using
udp protocol?

/etc/xinit.d/amanda
 service amanda
 {
        only_from       = x.com y.com
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol        = udp
        wait            = yes
        user            = amanda
        group           = disk
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
        server_args     = -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped
        disable         = no
}

Thank you guys. Newbie here ...

Regards,