Amanda-Users

RE: activate HW compression

2007-05-02 08:27:14
Subject: RE: activate HW compression
From: "Donofrio, Lewis" <donofrio AT umich DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 08:25:13 -0400
This is my first post here - I thought people should never use tape hw
compression because each vendor implements their own compression
protocols.  Say you need to restore files from a different tape host and
if your not using the exact same hw vendor then you might have an
*issue* or two?

--and keep in mind this logic that is in my head is for "other" backup
programs I do not know how Amanda deals with (or even cares) about low
level mt/st stuff.