Amanda-Users

Re: "STRANGE" dump summaries

2007-04-23 15:19:00
Subject: Re: "STRANGE" dump summaries
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:58:23 -0400
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 01:25:21PM -0400, Guy Dallaire wrote:
> If I remember well, You have to edit the source code and have amanda
> consider it "normal".
>
> Can't recall where exactly in the source code, but there is a list of
> keywords that amanda is loomnking for in the tar output, that you can edit.
>
> That's the beauty of open source, you can modify the code to suit your
> needs.

I've not looked at 2.5 code, but in earlier versions it was near the
beginning of "client-src/sendbackup-gnutar.c" (about line 50).
Lines of the form:

  AM_NORMAL_RE("XXXX"),

can be added to the table.   XXXX would be replaced with an appropriate
Regular Expression specifying the message to consider "normal".  That is
a comma at the end of the macro.

> 2007/4/23, Lee, Raymond <Raymond.Lee AT qwest DOT com>:
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm running Amanda 2.5.1p3 with tar 1.16.  As I understand, 2.5.1p3
> >ignores tar 1.16's return code of 1 when it encounters "file changed as
> >we read it".  I verified that my files are still backed up even when
> >this happens.  However, is it possible to get Amanda to stop reporting
> >this as "STRANGE" in the amdump mail reports?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Ray
> >

> >This communication is the property of Qwest and may contain confidential
> >or
> >privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
> >prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication
> >in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
> >all copies of the communication and any attachments.
> >

>>> End of included message <<<

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)