Amanda-Users

RE: Loading tape during amrecover

2007-04-05 11:39:40
Subject: RE: Loading tape during amrecover
From: "Lee, Raymond" <Raymond.Lee AT qwest DOT com>
To: "Lee, Raymond" <Raymond.Lee AT qwest DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:06:33 -0500
Nevermind, I just RTFM'd :)

>From amanda.org:

amrestore and amrecover do not yet include any tape changer support
directly, as amrestore knows nothing about the amanda.conf files or
server-side databases. This is a deliberate decision to keep amrestore
independent, so it can be run from any host with a tape drive, even if
the original tape server host is down. To use amrestore in a
tape-changer environment, use amtape to find the right tape, then run
amrestore giving the resulting tape device name.