Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover problem with spaces in directory names

2007-03-21 09:58:38
Subject: Re: amrecover problem with spaces in directory names
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:41:37 -0400
On Wednesday 21 March 2007, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
>Steven,
>
>It is a known bug, it is already fixed in the CVS tree.
>Try the latest 2.5.1p3 snapshot from
>http://www.zmanda.com/community-builds.php
>
>You can also try to use wildcard: cd Directory?with?space
>
>Jean-Louis
>
>Steven Atkinson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using amanda-2.5.1p3 with DLEs backed up using tar. When a
>> directory name contains a space it does not seem possible to cd into
>> it to recover files.  This is a copy of the output received when
>> trying to change into a directory called "Directory with space".
>>
>> amrecover> ls
>> 2007-03-21 amanda-2.5.1p2.tar.gz
>> 2007-03-21 "Directory with space/"
>> 2007-03-21 .ssh/
>> amrecover> cd "Directory with space/"
>> Invalid directory - "Directory with space/"
>> amrecover> cd "Directory with space"
>> Invalid directory - "Directory with space"
>> amrecover> cd Directory with space
>> Invalid directory - Directory
>> syntax error
>> amrecover> cd Directory\ with\ space
>> "Directory\" is not a valid shell wildcard pattern: trailing backslash
>> (\)
>> syntax error
>>
>> It is possible to add and extract the directory. This makes the
>> problem inconvenient rather than crippling.
>>
>> amrecover> add "Directory with space"
>> Added dir "/atn/Directory with space/" at date 2007-03-21
>> amrecover> extract
>>
>> Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host
>> backup-01.fhs.local. The following tapes are needed: Archive02-002
>>
>> Restoring files into directory /var/spool/amanda/tmp
>> Continue [?/Y/n]? Y
>>
>> Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host
>> backup-01.fhs.local. Load tape Archive02-002 now
>> Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? Y
>>
>> Does anyone have any pointers as to where to start looking to fix this
>> issue.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Steve Atkinson
>>
>> --
>> Deputy Network Manager
>> Fallibroome High School
>> UK.

Have you moved the snapshot location?  I've been getting mine from your
umontreal site since forever...  But I notice a 'low level of activity'
there in recent weeks.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Newlan's Truism:
        An "acceptable" level of unemployment means that the
        government economist to whom it is acceptable still has a job.