Amanda-Users

Heads up guys.

2007-03-14 00:19:09
Subject: Heads up guys.
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:05:11 -0400
Greetings;

I've been madly building kernels for the last week in addition to working
on GenesAmandaHelper-0.6 along with Alan Pearson.

Everytime I boot to a kernel in the 2.6.21-rc*, tar goes completely
jabbers and tries to backup the whole 45-50GB system even if told to do a
level 2 or 3.  This is visible in the amstatus outputs as its running.

If anyone is interested in seeing the emails I get from amdump, or any of
the logs, please speak up.  Tar is 1.15.1 from the FC6 rpm.

Now I've got to get busy and get rebooted to a good kernel before the real
nightly run fires off.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"For a male and female to live continuously together is...  biologically
speaking, an extremely unnatural condition."
-- Robert Briffault