Amanda-Users

Re: RAIT questions

2007-03-12 12:36:50
Subject: Re: RAIT questions
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: James Brown <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:13:27 -0400
On Monday 12 March 2007 11:26, James Brown wrote:
> 1) The wiki says RAIT with tape changers is not
> supported. Is this true?

Actually, I think these days you can use the chg-rait changer. The main
restriction is that you have to have the same number of slots assigned to
each drive, with the coresponding tapes in the coresponding slots.

> 2) Does tape spanning work with RAIT tape mirroring?

Yes.

> 3) Anyone used the 'amdd' utility to do mirrored tape
> backups  using native tools (gtar for example)?

I'm not aware of anyone doing this.

--Ian
--
Wiki for Amanda documentation: http://wiki.zmanda.com/