Amanda-Users

Re: "disk was stranded on waitq"/sendsize timed out waiting for REP data

2007-03-07 03:51:41
Subject: Re: "disk was stranded on waitq"/sendsize timed out waiting for REP data
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:37:17 +0100
Forgot to answer this earlier, I think...
If you can't kill sendsize, it's because it is hang in a system call.
It's often when it try to access a mount point.
Do you have a hanged mount point?
But yes, you are absolutely right. The host in question had problems with an NFS mount. I didn't think I did, but it turned out that it would still mount a certain volume that hadn't been used for a long time, and whose server had been left running, but was shut down some days ago... This was not in any way referenced by the backup config, though, but perhaps sendbackup reads '/' or something, so that *all* hanging mount points there are problematic?

After I got rid of this mount I thought everything worked fine, but right now I discovered that I still get the "disk stranded" message - but without sendsize hangs this time ;-(

- Toralf