Amanda-Users

Re: Backup of index and config files

2007-03-02 09:56:18
Subject: Re: Backup of index and config files
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:49:00 -0500
On Friday 02 March 2007, Yogesh Hasabnis wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>In my case the machine which works as an Amanda backup
>server itself is backed up by Amanda. So which are the
>important files/directories (index and config
>files/directories or any other important files) that I
>should save on some other machine, so that I can
>recover data from the Amanda backup tapes, in case the
>machine acting as a backup server fails?
>
>Thanks In Advance.
>
>Yogesh

Those paths are spelled out at least for the indices, in your amanda.conf
file, and we all assume we know where the amanda "configuration"
directory is kept, in my case it is /usr/local/etc/amanda/name_of_config.
I save the whole /usr/local/etc/amanda tree myself.  They are appended to
the vtape just generated, which has so far proven to be many times as
dependable as cheap DDS2 tapes ever were.  And the drive itself is a
separate drive, only system /var also lives on it as does a couple of
gigs of swap.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: