Amanda-Users

tape spanning requires gtar?

2006-11-21 15:59:35
Subject: tape spanning requires gtar?
From: James Brown <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:21:58 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Does Amanda tape spanning require gtar as the dump
program?  I couldn't find anything in the docs that
say explicitly whether or not gtar is required.
There's even a dumptype example that leads one to
think that regular dump will work.

Backups using regular dump (not GNUTAR) with a
tape_splitsize actually complete successfully.
However, when I try to amrecover, it is unable to find
the dump image.  Is there any way to recover these?

Thanks,
James Brown

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510k for $1,698/mo.
Calculate new payment! www.LowerMyBills.com/lre