Amanda-Users

Re: More Debian Amanda package upgrade issues (this time with amdump)

2006-11-15 23:23:15
Subject: Re: More Debian Amanda package upgrade issues (this time with amdump)
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:13:29 -0600
Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

> It's a tar bug that it cross filesystem boundaries, you will have to use
> exclude as workaround.

OK, I've added to my excludes the secondary drives and NFS mounts, but I
see this causing problems in the future when Debian flips the testing
distribution to stable next month, and the new tar becomes the default
install for many new (and upgrading) users.

>> NOTES:
>>   planner: Last full dump of clientA:/home/user1 on tape  overwritten in 1
>> run.
> Bug, your last full is on holding disk, it should not report this
> mesage, try the overwrite.diff attached patch.
>> * After creating an archive, tar exits with code 1 if some files were
>>   changed while being read.  Previous versions exited with code 2 (fatal
>>   error), and only if some files were truncated while being archived.
>>
>> Does this mean that many backups will now be marked as FAILED instead
>> of STRANGE?
>>
> Yes
> Could you try the amanda-tar-1.1.6.diff attached patch?
> Since older releaser never returned 1, I think it is safe to ignore
> return status of 1.

Alright, I downloaded the source, applied the patches, and built
it (thank goodness the Amanda package was built with debug options
so the all the configure parameters were written into the debug logs).
I'll see how it goes tonight and report back tomorrow.

Thanks for the help,
Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673