Amanda-Users

Re: NEC T16A autloader

2006-11-14 11:25:12
Subject: Re: NEC T16A autloader
From: Kai Zimmer <kai AT zimmer DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:39:33 +0100
Hi Antonello,

Antonello Piemonte schrieb:
I would like to ask if anyone has experience with a NEC LTO-3 tape autoloader T16A and amanda.
imho this looks like a relabled Quantum Superloader 3 drive. Many manufacturers buy from Quantum and resell their drives with custom firmware/software/warranty and so on. Maybe you get away cheaper buying directly from Quantum... Anyway - we use a similar Autoloader from HP (also identical with Quantum, 16-slots LTO-2) and it works perfectly with amanda and mtx via chg-zd-mtx.

Kai