Amanda-Users

setup help with archive type backups

2006-11-07 14:40:23
Subject: setup help with archive type backups
From: Bgs <bgs AT bgs DOT hu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:41:23 +0100

 Greetings,

I'd like to as some experienced Amanda user what approach would be best for us (or is amanda the best solution for this at all...)

We do archiving and not classic share backups. That is we assemble some raw material from time to time and archive it to tape. They always have new file, no file change involved. Consequently we do not erase and rotate tapes either.

On the source side, a source directory with date named directories looks to be a good solution, but how should I set up the tape part?

Thanks
Bgs

PS: Btw: We have a Tandberg LTO3 changer. Does anyone have an official definition for it or should I use the one I assembled?