Amanda-Users

Re: amdump issues involving wildcards--quoted wildcards appear to be sent to, and thus being interpreted literally by, gtar

2006-11-02 20:34:50
Subject: Re: amdump issues involving wildcards--quoted wildcards appear to be sent to, and thus being interpreted literally by, gtar
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: "Ian R. Justman" <ianj AT ian-justman DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:41:56 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Ian R. Justman wrote:

My conjecture of what's happening is that the gtar command is being run with quotes around the items in the "include" statement in my disklist file, causing gtar to not perform any globbing and, instead, look for any pathname with actual brackets and globbing characters in it.

Have a look in /tmp/amanda/sendbackup.xxx.debug.  That should show you
what the command line arguments being used look like.

-Mitch