Amanda-Users

amflush during amdump

2006-10-27 14:22:38
Subject: amflush during amdump
From: "Lee, Raymond" <Raymond.Lee AT qwest DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:10:57 -0500
Hi List,

Will there be a conflict if I run amflush while an amdump is running?

I'll be running amdump like this so that I can accumulate enough
multiple dumps in my holding disk before I amflush it to tape:

        amdump DailySet1 -o tapedev=/dev/null -o tpchanger=""
        (thanks to Jean-Louis for the taper options patch)

Then I'll have a cron job that periodically checks the amount of space
used in the holding disk.  If the size is close to the capacity of one
of my tapes, then amflush will run.

So my question is, if amflush runs while amdump is running, will it try
to flush the dump that amdump is currently working on and cause any
problems?

Thanks,
Ray