Amanda-Users

gtar error?

2006-09-28 09:51:00
Subject: gtar error?
From: "Gardiner Leverett" <leverett AT mobiusmicro DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:39:58 -0400
I have been trying to use gtar to back up a set of subdirectories,
and I keep getting this error:

> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   arnold  /z/workareas  lev 1  FAILED [mesg read: Connection reset by
peer]
>   arnold  /z/workareas  lev 1  FAILED [too many dumper retry]
>   arnold  /z/workareas  lev 1  FAILED [cannot read header: got 0 instead
of 32768]

The server receives about 231M of 3G, then fails. There's nothing
in the dump disk.

Also in the report is this:

> FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:
>
> /--  arnold /z/workareas lev 1 FAILED [mesg read: Connection
> reset by peer]
> sendbackup: start [arnold:/z/workareas level 1]
> sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/gtar
> sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gtar -f... -
> sendbackup: info end
> \--------

I've never used the gtar feature.  Anyone have a heads up as
to what I'm doing wrong?

Both the server and client are running amanda-2.5.0b1-20051205
(server on RH9, client in RHEL ES 4). I have no problem with
the dump section in this configuration.