Amanda-Users

How can I rename existing config from DailySet1 to daily?

2006-09-24 22:37:57
Subject: How can I rename existing config from DailySet1 to daily?
From: "Donald Murray, P.Eng." <donaldm314 AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:38:17 -0600
I've been running 2.4.4p4 for some time now on a Fedora Core 1 box.
I'm going to reinstall, this time using CentOS 4. I've backed up all
the goodies I'll need:
- /etc/amanda
- /var/lib/amanda

I've also done an 'amadmin DailySet1 export > DailySet1.export'.

I've downloaded the 2.5.1-1 src RPM, hacked it for my needs (home
network), and built some shiny new binary RPMs. One of the things I
did to amanda.spec was added '--with-config=daily' to the configure
section.

So far, so good.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:
- install my amanda RPMs on a fresh install of CentOS 4
- configure 'daily' with settings similar to those I had in 'DailySet1'
- run amanda daily using ... 'daily'
- still be able to access backups made under the 'DailySet1' regime

Is this possible?