Amanda-Users

Re: I/O error on labelling

2006-09-14 07:47:28
Subject: Re: I/O error on labelling
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Fabio Corazza <fabio AT newbay DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:40:52 +0200
Fabio Corazza wrote:
Somebody knows why I receive this error when I label a tape?

-sh-3.00$ amlabel mybbookInSite mybbookInSite-10 slot 10
labeling tape in slot 10 (/dev/nst0):
rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape (Input/output error)
rewinding, writing label mybbookInSite-10, checking label, done.

You mean the `Input/output error'? That is normal; your tape hadn't been used before and amanda tried to read a former tape label off it. Since the tape was emtpy, it couldn't complete that first read. That's normal behaviour for amlabel.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29