Amanda-Users

I/O error on labelling

2006-09-14 07:21:30
Subject: I/O error on labelling
From: Fabio Corazza <fabio AT newbay DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:14:43 +0100
Somebody knows why I receive this error when I label a tape?

-sh-3.00$ amlabel mybbookInSite mybbookInSite-10 slot 10
labeling tape in slot 10 (/dev/nst0):
rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape (Input/output error)
rewinding, writing label mybbookInSite-10, checking label, done.

After that I see that the tape that was previously on slot 10 is on the
data transfer element (this is correct, I think). How can I check that
the tape has been labeled correctly?

Those are the settings in the amanda.conf regarding the tape drive:

runtapes 1
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
rawtapedev "/dev/null"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/mybbookInSite/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/sg2"

And this is the changer.conf:

firstslot=1
lastslot=16