Amanda-Users

2.5.1 parsing conf problems?

2006-09-07 16:43:40
Subject: 2.5.1 parsing conf problems?
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:34:36 -0400
Hello,

I had my first compilation try at amanda-2.5.1 today on a SGI irix-6.5
and apart from the fact that I had to add '-lgen' to LDFLAGS while
configuring everything went smooth. I read the release notes on the
wiki on the new auth scheme and updated inetd.conf and the amandahost
file and after installing a new amanda.conf and its minions (I plan to
use a STK L180 with LTO drives) my first attempt at checking the
server and client fails while parsing the conf file:

"...amanda.conf", line 43: configuration keyword expected
"...amanda.conf", line 43: end of line is expected

ad nauseam. amanda.conf is 42 lines long...

I compiled using the native sgi C compiler and gcc 3.3.2
with the same results. Any ideas?

Thanks
jf
--