Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with amanda on Cygwin

2006-09-01 11:14:42
Subject: Re: Problems with amanda on Cygwin
From: rom <amandau AT inventivetechnology DOT at>
To: Nathan Weston <nathan AT genarts DOT com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:57:23 +0200
Nathan Weston wrote:
/tmp/amanda exists, and is definitely writeable -- that's where I found the amanda log file.

But in the Application log, I found a bunch of inetd errors:
inetd : PID 2808 : amanda: can't set uid 18: Permission denied.
You can check with which authority inetd is running. Check the properties of the CYGWIN inetd service, the log on tab.

It should be running as Local System account.

Amanada is supposed to be running as System, so it should be able to do anything, right? The inetd.conf line looks like this:
amanda  dgram   udp     wait    System  /usr/local/libexec/amandad amandad

The only difference between yours and mine is that the user SYSTEM is all uppercase. I don't know if that's an issue, you can give it a try.